Wednesday, April 14, 2010


The new Two-step Bird Punch is just so cute, I have been getting plenty of use out of it already!  I stamped the new "Dot, Dot, Dot" background stamp onto my punched out bird in the same colour as the cardstock to give a tone on tone effect and then daubered around the edges and adhered the wings.  Using the punch again I punched out an Old Olive branch for the bird to sit on!

The patterned paper is from the "Tea Party" Designer Series Pack and I have added punched out circles using the 1 1/4 and 1" punches, cutting the smallest first to end up with a ring.  My Old Olive flower is from the Flower Fusion Accents & Elements collection, a really lovely tin full of felt flowers which you can find on Page 83 of the 2009/10 Idea Book and Catalogue.  Next to this I added two buttons tied with Linen Thread and adhered an Old Olive button on top of the felt flower.  I tied a piece of 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon around my main panel and stamped my greeting from the "Basic Phrases" set and punched out using the Word Window Punch.

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely. Where do your ideas come from??? My bird punch arrives tomorrow so I cant wait to play with it. X Sorry I couldn't make monday I am still without a car as windscreen cannot be replaced until next wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely layout Kerry, I love some of the little embelishment ideas you come up with. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete