Monday, January 31, 2011

Making Gifts & Cards Class

This month I decided on a Valentine theme and designed the card to match in with the 3D project.

Our colour combo is Basic Black, Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla.  We used "I {heart} hearts" for the main heart stamped images, the small heart with the "love" wording is from the Level 2 Hostess Set "Cute by the Inch".  We used "Bliss" (the Sale-a-bration" set which can be yours for FREE with any £45 order placed before 28th February) and also "En Francais", which is one of the Background stamps.

On the bottom layer of the card we stamped the "En Francais" image in Basic Black ink then stamped over the top with the large image from "Bliss" in Riding Hood Red ink, using the stampin' off technique to give a more soft and subtle image.  We also used the Spritzer Tool with the Basic Black Marker Pen on the same layer and daubed around the edge with black ink. 

The ribbon is the 1/8" Taffeta and I still have some shares of this if anyone is interested!  The share consists 1m of 12 different colours of the 1/8" Taffeta for just £6.85, postage to your door is just £1.00 extra.  Email me at stampinkerry@aol.com for more details.

The DSP is from "Love Letter" which I am loving at the moment.  The colours are very suited to Valentines Day but work really well with the vintage theme.  I have a class planned for the end of February and we will be using this paper, more to follow shortly!

Thank for stopping by, please do leave a comment so that I know that you visited, I would love to hear your thoughts!


2 comments:

  1. OOhhhh I love this card. Do you mind if I case some or all of it for my valentines class next week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that what it's all about, sharing what we love!! Glad that you like it!

    ReplyDelete