Thursday, September 10, 2015

Happy Scene's bring Happy Days

I am gradually working my way through my lovely new Stampin' Up! products from the just released Autumn/Winter Catalogue and I was so ex.cited to mount these stamps and get die cutting with the co-ordinating Window Frame Die
 


 
 
The new stamp set is called

"Happy Scenes"
 
and I love that we have a new Window Frame die that works with it.
 
I can see ENDLESS creations using this combination of products and the window frame teamed with other stamps I already have too!
 
So here's today's card.......
 
 

 
My aim for this card was to make it masculine as we really don't create enough man cards!
 
I used the Spritzer with some rubbing alcohol and Early Espresso Ink inside to create a spritzed background which I then ran through my Bigshot with the Woodgrain embossing folder, love this effect.
 
I stamped my "scene", then used a sponge to add some colour for the grass and sky.  I cut out my window frame with Crumb Cake cardstock and used dimensionals and placed over my scene that I had stamped.
 
I added a Linen Thread bow and some vellum leaves then attached to my card base, adding a greeting and a strip of the gorgeous Corrugate Card which I just can't get enough of at the moment!
 
This really is straight forward, the scene and window are so easy to create and although it may look complex, it really isn't.
 



2 comments:

  1. What a fab card - I do love the new window die as you say it will be so useful for other sets as well xx

    ReplyDelete